Going into Thanksgiving, I just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful holiday! No matter where you might be in the world or who you are with, I just hope you are all staying warm, have plenty to eat and is surrounded by love in some way. If you are spending this holiday alone, remember you are not alone. There are many people in this world who don’t have loved ones to spend the day with for one reason or another.
My holiday will be small as well. My family is so spread out, but I am thankful I will have my mom to spend it with. Whatever your situation is for this Thanksgiving, I hope that each and every one of you that is reading this will take a moment out of your day to think about at least one or two things you are thankful for.
I keep a gratitude journal and write in it almost every day, so this is pretty easy for me. Just in case it isn’t as easy for you, I’ll give you an example of a couple of things I am thankful for and you can work off that.
My Quick List of THANKS:
- GOD – first and foremost because without him, I would be and have nothing!
- My Family and their unbelievable support and love for my decisions for myself
- Hot water – not everyone has hot water to shower with and I do. I don’t take it for granted.
- My job – because it pays for the food in my fridge, clothes on my back, internet for my schooling and sad habits of Facebook 🙂 and much more. It’s not a lot but I manage.
- My kitty and her health – she is still as spunky as ever at 10 years old and I don’t know what I would do without her!
- Tomorrow- because it is never promised and I have big dreams that I want to fulfill, good Lord willing 🙂
I hope my list shows you that there is no wrong way to create a list or even ONE thing to be thankful for this year. It doesn’t matter what it is. When you can find something to be thankful for, it unknowingly brings more peace to your heart.
I can’t end this without thanking those of you that are reading his as well! I know I am just getting started on this blog journey and I have a lot going on, so it might take me a bit to dive in, but I will continue to put out as much content as possible and I thank you for being patient with me and sticking with me through it all!
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!